E-RIHS.gr is the Greek cross-disciplinary Research Infrastructure (RI) in the service of Heritage Science (HS).
E-RIHS.gr exploits the expertise sourcing from the long term involvement of our partners in the field of research for HS, the know-how derived from the participation in numerous EU and National projects related to HS, as well as the leading infrastructures and state of the art instruments available in our laboratories, in order to deliver Innovative, Reliable and Efficient tools for addressing demanding challenges in Cultural Heritage research.
Our concept is described in three words/terms:
Micro: methods and tools appropriate for analytical studies of CH objects and materials, namely at the microscopic level.
These involve novel laser/spectroscopic techniques for compositional analysis and mapping of materials on works of art, advanced methods for studying archaeological DNA and also modern laser-based technologies for conservation and restoration.
Macro: Non-invasive geophysical and geochemical measurements for surveying and mapping macroscopically the landscape of archaeological and historical sites including underwater ones.
Info: Development and use of innovative management systems that enable efficient documentation and handling of new data and information enhancing our understanding about CH sites, monuments and objects.
- IESL-FORTH, Photonics For Heritage Science (PhoHS) (coordinator)
- IMS-FORTH, Laboratory of Geophysical – Satellite Remote Sensing and Archaeo-environment
- IACM-FORTH, Coastal & Marine Research Laboratory (CRL)
- IMBB-FORTH, ANCIENT DNA Lab
- ΙCS-FORTH, Information Systems Laboratory (ISL), Centre for Cultural Informatics
- Ormylia Foundation, Ormylia Art Diagnosis Centre